Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Who's using ASD or LRFD?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Who's using ASD or LRFD?
- From: Bob Hanson <Hansonb(--nospam--at)hilberteng.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:15:28 -0800
Randy, The work here is almost all non building & equipment support related structures. We use only ASD. Believe it or not even in foundations. All the soil pressures are working stress and it is not cost effective to evaluate with load factors. We do go with the load factors and strength when seismic connections and the code load cases/provisions require it. My opinion is that lrfd does not bring cost savings to small irregular structures to the point where one wants to track all these factors. I like knowing the working stress level for dead loads in ksi. Its a feel thing. Bob Hanson, S.E. > -----Original Message----- > From: Randy Diviney [SMTP:rsdiviney(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com] > Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 8:11 AM > To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org > Subject: Who's using ASD or LRFD? > > Does anyone have an idea of the split between these codes? How many > engineers are using ASD and how many are using LRFD? Will everyone > eventually have to make the switch? > >
- Prev by Subject: Re: Who's using ASD or LRFD?
- Next by Subject: Re: Who's using ASD or LRFD?
- Previous by thread: Re: Who's using ASD or LRFD?
- Next by thread: Re: Who's using ASD or LRFD?