RE: Who's using ASD or LRFD?

Randy,
The work here is almost all non building & equipment support related
structures. We use only ASD.  Believe it or not even in foundations. All the
soil pressures are working stress and it is not cost effective to evaluate
with load factors. We do go with the load factors and strength when seismic
connections and the code load cases/provisions require it. My opinion is
that lrfd does not bring cost savings to small irregular structures to the
point where one wants to track all these factors. I like knowing the working
stress level for dead loads in ksi. Its a feel thing.
Bob Hanson, S.E.