Re: Who's using ASD or LRFD?

I'm using ASD.  I've not yet found a compelling reason to go to LRFD.  I
used a LRFD approach when working on ships in the early 60's.  Either way
can be made to work, and you can make blunders in either.

I recognize the politics and the implications for international design, but
that doesn't change the fact that ASD works, and is a rational approach for
design.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Maybe AISC should change its name.  I'd vote for Bureaucratic Union of
Steel Theorists, or something similar.  "BUST" has a nice ring to it, don't
you think?   :-)

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561