Simplifying Seismic Design

In "Professional Surveyor" magazine (I don't know why it's sent to me)
Professor Mete Sozen proposes simplifying seismic design of buildings.  He
says that the present code may be too sophisticated for practical use. (Tell
us something we don't know.) He wants to replace the complex building code
from 75 pages to 5 pages that would be more easily understood.

BTW, he is talking about Turkey.

Web references in the brief article are:

   www.eeri.org/News/TurkeyEQ.html
   CE.www.ecn.purdue.edu/CE/Fac_Staff/Faculty/sozen

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona