OMF Design in Seismic Zone 4

Bill,

I have yet to design an OMF under the new code, but I "think" I would
multiply my base shear times omega, (2.8), for stress design of the frame,
and still take the 1/3 increease in allowable stresses. For check of drift,
I would not incorporate the omega factor.

This is basically what LA City was allowing after the Northridge Earthquake
for OMF's, (base shear x 3Rw/8), and the connections pre-earthquake.

My 2 cents,

Larry Hauer SE