Report on Wood Diaphragm Issues

I just received this e-mail.  It looks like Dennis's long, hard fought battle
is producing some encouraging results.  My hat is off to Dennis and others
who have pursued this issue and my thanks to Ron Hamburger and others on the
Seismology Committee that responded.

In this business it is hard to find time to get involved in complex issues
when one doesen't fully understand them.  I find it necessary to attend more
seminars each year just to keep up with new  code changes materials and
methodology.  When business is good you have to make hay while the sun is
shining.------My excuses.

I hope that this latest report on diaphragms will be accepted by plan check
agencies
on the intermin until the prescribed code changes are made official.

>From one of the many silent observers,
Ray Shreenan