UBC-IBC-XYZ Code

I think that the message is very clear, the code process, either the writing, the wordsmithing, or the entire process has fallen down. It is not working. The code writers have the desire to present the latest and best technicalogy to the public (via engineers) the plan checkers have their agenda of enforcement (whether the code is correct or not), and the engineers are trying to do their job, (you may define their job as you wish). Isn't it time to sit back and review where we are, how we got here, and where we are going. Also, don't let us (engineers, code writers, plan checkers) forget the welfare of the public.

James Allen, P.E.