Re: R value for log walls

Everyone

Thanks for your comments. I have been away since posting my
message. I was rushing to catch a plane while preparing the
message, so I may have been a little vague about which R value I
wanted info on. R = Response modification factor as I am
developing a Mathcad template for seismic design....

Charles, thanks for your suggestions on developing an R value for
log buildings. I will persue this, purely on the basis of...someone
has too. I am suprise that no one has done any
research/design/development as there are a lot of log home
manufactures out there, and a lot of buildings requiring an
engineers approval.

The journey begins.....

Peter McCormack