Precast Double Tees Diaphragm

Looking for help again....

	Recently at an ICBO/ACI concrete seminer Dr. Gosh said that precast
double tee's without a topping slab couldn't be used as a structural
system.  I am evaluating an existing schoold with such a diaphragm.
Could anyone point to where in the code this system has been
eliminated?  Also, does the UBC adopt PCI's precast book as a reference
anywhere?  PCI addresses this issue (somewhat) but I can't find where
the UBC will allow me to use it.

	If all else fails, does anyone have suggestions on how to upgrade this
system without a topping slab?  The weld plates embeded in the top
flanges won't work if I use FEMA provisions.

Thanks in advance,
Jake Watson E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, UT