RE: Structural Steel Properties

A previous posting  made the following statement.

>>The reference to A913 steel came from a package some engineers in my
office
received when attending a seminar on changes to the UBC. It states that
"A913 is produced by quenching and self-tempering process... higher yield
strength/ increased toughness/ greatly improved weldability due to lower
carbon equivalent." Whenever I see the word quenching I think of Low
Ductility. I guess no one is using this steel yet and A992 is the way to
go.<<

Guess Again!

 A913 steel has been used a lot.  In my experience it is most commonly used
for column sections and is better than most of the other steels on the
market.  I suggest that you talk to Trade ARBED.

Mark Gilligan