Professional Liability Insurance for the Non-Professional

Say someone is going into a business as a consultant who is not really a
registered professional (insurance, information consultant, software
programmer, etc.) and wants to limit their "professional" liability for
errors and omissions so as to protect their personal assets. Do the same
companies that write coverage for our profession also do this for others such
as I've mentioned ? If so, any names would be helpful please. I need a little
education in this.

Thanks.