Professional Liability Insurance for the

James,

The exclusions that I have seen on General Liability insurance typically
apply to the professions, i.e., medical, dental, architectural, engineering,
etc.  The person that is considering entering a non-professional business
should consult his/her insurance agent about the availability of liability
insurance for that particular business.  The source of this insurance would
probably be different than that for A/E professional liability insurance.

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

James Fulton wrote:

>>Say someone is going into a business as a consultant who is not really a
registered professional (insurance, information consultant, software
programmer, etc.) and wants to limit their "professional" liability for
errors and omissions so as to protect their personal assets. Do the same
companies that write coverage for our profession also do this for others such
as I've mentioned ? If so, any names would be helpful please. I need a little
education in this.

Thanks.<<