Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Professional Liability Insurance for the

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

The exclusions that I have seen on General Liability insurance typically 
apply to the professions, i.e., medical, dental, architectural, engineering, 
etc.  The person that is considering entering a non-professional business 
should consult his/her insurance agent about the availability of liability 
insurance for that particular business.  The source of this insurance would 
probably be different than that for A/E professional liability insurance.

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

James Fulton wrote:

>>Say someone is going into a business as a consultant who is not really a 
registered professional (insurance, information consultant, software 
programmer, etc.) and wants to limit their "professional" liability for 
errors and omissions so as to protect their personal assets. Do the same 
companies that write coverage for our profession also do this for others such 
as I've mentioned ? If so, any names would be helpful please. I need a little 
education in this.