RE: Digital Camera

Bill,
Compact Flash card standardization is making this way of saving images much
easier (as is the USB connection). My main objection has to do with the cost
of the Flash Card (about $75.00 for a 16Mb disk for my Windows CE PDA at
Best Buy).
The second problem with Flash Cards is having to have a number of them when
traveling.
At 640x480 resolution (generally pretty good for small images or viewing on
a screen), the Sony Mavica's will store almost 50 images on a single 1.4Mb
floppy. The cost of the floppy is around $0.39 and the availability is good.
Need to travel without a computer? No problem and you can simply accumulate
disks.
On the downside, the FD's will hold more of the low resolution images but
Sony does not support it and other camera's take up much more resolution
that fewer images can get on a Flash Card.
I have had very little trouble with resolution on the Sony - especially for
business use. I know I can't get Photo Quality on an 8x10 glossy from this
camera, but that is not why I bought it.
I organize my shots digitally and normal screen resolution is closer to 73
dpi with means that you would be hard pressed to see the difference of a
digital photo blown up on a computer screen and that of a higher resolution.

I think that the Floppy camera has been a success simply by convenience.

Dennis