Milo Ketchum R. I. P.

Dear Mark:

I just opened your e-mail about your father.  Please accept my condolences to
you and your family.

As you may remember, I worked for your father the summer between my junior
and senior year at the University of Colorado.  Your father was a very well
respected engineer in Denver, and I was very fortunate to get a summer job
with him.  He even let me design the floor system for a junior high school
that he was designing.  He also taught me the rudiments of moment
distribution, which I really didn't study until my senior year.  When I went
back to school for my senior year, Milo asked me if I would check the
problems in a test book he was writing on indeterminate structures, which I
did.  It turned out to be a marvelous education for me.

I remember some of the people that worked in Milo's office that summer:  Ray
DeClue, Glen Von Bargen, Bill DeVore and others.  Have you kept up with any
of those people.

Milo was not just an engineer - he was a philosopher.  His contributions to
the profession were truly great, and he will be sorely missed.

Sincerely,

David L. Messinger
Structural Engineer
Lafayette, CA