Re: Professional Liability Insurance for the

Thank you!
Fariborz

From: Debby Hight <dhight(--nospam--at)triadholmes.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Professional Liability Insurance for the
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:09:23 -0800

I have professional liability insurance (250K/500K w/1K deductible) thru
Westport Insurance (a subsidiary of General Electric).
Cost is 1860 per year, but that depends on your annual billings.  I think
that $1860 is the least premium on $50K per year -- mine is just a side
business out of my home on weekends and nights.  You can call the company
at 800-221-2236 for an agent in your area to work with.  I've talked to
other companies and they always say westport is the cheapest and a good
company to work with.  Good Luck

At 08:42 AM 12/14/99 PST, you wrote:
>Roger,
>Could you please expalin more about professional engineering liability
>insurance, e.g. typical rates, coverages, etc.
>Thanks,
>Frank Tehrani, PE, MS, BS
>

>>From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
>>To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>>Subject: Professional Liability Insurance for the
>>Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:06:28 -0500
>>
>>James,
>>
>>The exclusions that I have seen on General Liability insurance typically
>>apply to the professions, i.e., medical, dental, architectural,
>>engineering,
>>etc. The person that is considering entering a non-professional business >>should consult his/her insurance agent about the availability of liability >>insurance for that particular business. The source of this insurance would >>probably be different than that for A/E professional liability insurance.
>>
>>Hope this helps.
>>
>>A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
>>Tucson, Arizona

>>registered professional (insurance, information consultant, software
>>programmer, etc.) and wants to limit their "professional" liability for
>>errors and omissions so as to protect their personal assets. Do the same
>>companies that write coverage for our profession also do this for others
>>such
>>as I've mentioned ? If so, any names would be helpful please. I need a
>>little
>>education in this.
>>
>>Thanks.<<

Debby Hight