Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Flitch Beam Shear[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Flitch Beam Shear
- From: "Randy Russ" <rruss(--nospam--at)eatel.net>
- Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:21:33 -0600
I am looking at a Flitch beam composed of 2-2x10's sandwiched around 1/2" plywood. The wood is Southern Yellow Pine No. 2 Dense KD 19.
For ordinary sawn lumber, the allowable horizontal shear stress is 90 psi. What is the allowable shear stress for this Flitch beam? Is it the same as sawn lumber or is it more?
Randy Russ, P.E.
Baton Rouge, La.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Flitch Beam
- Next by Subject: Flitch Beam Shear
- Previous by thread: Re: Mr. Russ Nester
- Next by thread: Flitch Beam Shear