"Layered" wood beams with interlayer slip

Does anyone have good references concerning the design of
"layered" wood beams. I need to account for the slip between the
layers, particularly to limit deflection. I will be using mechanical
connection, as this application doesnt lend itself to the use of
adhesives.

I do not have FEM software, but I do intend to develop MathCAD
template.

I will be conducting tests of the beam to confirm my analysis.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Peter McCormack