From: Ron O. Hamburger [mailto:ROH(--nospam--at)eqe.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 7:46 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: PE Stamps on Drawings

In a post yesterday, Charles Greenlaw indicated a proposed rule making that
would require every registered engineer that participated in the preparation
of
a set of construction documents, to stamp the set.

The Structural Engineers Association of California has prepared a letter to
the
Board of Registration protesting this proposed rule making on the grounds
that
only one engineer should serve in responsible charge for any structural
project
and that to require multiple engineers to serve in such capacity would
confuse
the identification of responsibiltiy for the integrity of the structural
system
as a whole.

SEAOC's executive director will appear at a hearing today to address this
concern and oppose the proposed rule making.

Charles -  Thank you for your vigilance in this matter, and timely
notificaiton
on the list server.