Re: Concrete reciepe

The embed portion may be lean concrete if the width of the wide flange provides
enough area.  The bottom of the hole should be hardrock concrete for bearing.

If the W8X31 is wide enough, it can be counted on alone, and the lean concrete
will hold it in place and provide oxidation cover.

Are there tiebacks?  Are these cantilevered?  What is the magnitude of the
vertical load?  From the length given is seems cantilevered.

Bart Needham