AT YOUR NEWS STAND

Attention ENGINEERS:

Just in case your are aware of it -----------

Check your local news stand,  magazine store  for an issue of Scientific
American.

Currently on display should be a very special  issue titled,

 "EXTREME ENGINEERING"

The cover featues a picture of CITICORP Center..

Inside are articles on engineering achievements.

For structural engineers there is a discussion on tall buildings  and long
span bridges.

Professor Henry Petroski has an essay,  " The Hubris of EXTREME Engineering",

which is a discussion of engineering failures and the challenges  engineers
face to come back from these set backs.

as always

Bob  Johnson,
NCSEA  -  Public  Advocacy
SEAOI  -  PR
m.ASCE

NATIONAL ENGINEERS WEEK IS COMING!!!!!!!

STEP FORWARD AND BE HEARD

Excuse intrusion if you have already seen the magazine

Finally:  Anyone seeing articles  that  wrongly perpetuate the Nerd Image of
engineers,  (or other writings stereotyping engineers as ,"Pencil pushing
engineers,  more interested in utilitarian cost calculations than elegant
designs",   (SEE  Boston Business Journal,  December 3-9, 1999 article by
Scott van Voohis)  please send them my way.

thanx

Bob  Johnson
SEAOI/NCSEA
203  North  Wabash
Chicago,  Il  60601

SEAOI/NCSEA   is moving  up in the world!!!!!!!
Same address  but New Suite  #
In January we will be moving from Suite 1000  to  Suite  2010
Also note the ASCE-Illinois Section shares the same office space and will be
moving too!
Phone  #'s  and FAX  to remain the same

Happy Holiday  Season  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!