RE: Setbacks on buildings subject to seismic

Most of the discussion in the blue book has been incorporated to UBC and IBC
in the form of structural regularity (tables 16-L and 16-M of UBC). There
are different procedures (Static vs. dynamic) depending on the building
regularity and soil condition that needs to be used. If you have a highly
irregular building, which based on your description you may have, you will
end up using the dynamic procedure, which will address the setback issue in
a more comprehensive manner, that static procedure.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA