RE: Consecutive Numbering the @RAND Numbers

In a message dated 12/17/99 1:14:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mtv(--nospam--at)skilling.com writes:

> The equation in A2 should be:
>  =rank(a1,$a$1:$iv$1)
>
>  Fill this equation across as many columns as you want.  [thus the
>  equation in B2 would be: =rank(b1,$a$1:$iv$1)]  This equation looks
>  at the entire first row [because iv is the last possible column] and
>  returns the rank of the item indicated (a1, b1, c1, etc.) ignoring
>  blank items.  Note that two identical items in the range of source
>  data would have the same rank. However, if the random number
>  generator is used to produce those numbers, this shouldn't happen.
>
>  This solution is very simple, efficient, and recalcs automatically.

Hi Michael,

Thank you Michael for the solution. Unfortunately I cannot use it because the
spreadsheet was created in 1991 when 123 version 2.2 was the standard.
For one reason or another I cannot load the spreadsheet into the later
version of 123 where function =rank(....) can be applied.  And if I do, any
further spreadsheet manipulations (such as compiling the spreadsheet) just
don't work. 123 ver 2.2 does not have =rank(...) function. I have to find
some other way to solve my problem.

Any other ideas?   Thank you.