RE: UBC Commentary

ICBO does publish a commentary on the code, entitled "Handbook to the
Uniform Building Code".  I have a 1991 version but ICBO lists 1994 and 1997
versions as well.  However regarding seismic design, the commentary is a
simple reference to the SEAOC Recommended Lateral Force Requirements (Blue
Book).