RE: Layout Prevents use of Drag Struts

> I'm not sure if I am helping or not since I don't know your level of
> experience.

> I guess it comes down to - if you don't have enough wall,
> consider either a
> braced frame or embedded (cantilevered) columns to do the job.
>
> Regards,
> Dennis S. Wish, PE
> SEConsultant(--nospam--at)Earthlink.net <mailto:SEConsultant(--nospam--at)Earthlink.net>
> (208) 361-5447 Efax

That all made sense to me, and was helpful.  Thanks.  I haven't had to use a cantilevered tube before.  My concern with that approach is the anchor bolt reactions.  With 4800# x 10'/(2 bolts x 0.5') = 48 kips/bolt.  This estimate may not be appropriate for what you had in mind - I'm not sure what details you normally use for anchorage.  How would you be confident that a residential contractor could install the anchorage, whatever it is, correctly to achieve these forces?  In our case, we have a CMU foundation wall, to make matters worse.

Ed