RE: Database for light gage steel

You maybe able to get some manufacturers'( CEMCO, MSMA and others )section dimensions in text file format from the SURETIE(//members.aol.com/suretieinc) with a fee. A computer program(like Suretie's PROP96) will be needed to calculate the section properties based on the section dimensions. I do not know they will sell it to you or not if you are not using their software.

There are several other companies selling light gage design software with some manufacturers' databases as well but I do not have experience with them. You can find it out by contacting AISI or LGSEA.

Hope this will help.

Regards,
Julian Chu
Newport Beach, CA