Sent: Thursday, December 23, 1999 3:45 PM
Subject: TJI Micro=Lam and Top Flange Hangers

I remember reading that you can not nail top flange hangers to the top of a Micro-lam because it can delaminate the material. If I recall correctly, this must be face nailed or the Micro=Lam changed to a Timberstrand product or a Parallam.

Does anyone recall this. I am doing a plan check on a project and need to verify this.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
(208) 361-5447 Efax