Re: (And A Rant About "The New Millenium Hoax")

'Talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees...

The important issue is not one of "semantics", but mathematics.

When the computer, or embedded chip, or software sees the date "00", is it
going to know what to do about it?

I've been thru several cycles of "fixes" on my computers and think I'll be
operational on January 1, 2000.  I cannot speak for the electric utilities
or phones.  My electric power company, Gulf Power, a subdidiary of The
Southern Company, says it is "Y2K ready", but not "Y2K compliant".  Their
official position is that I should *expect* minor power outages.

Is a "minor power outage" something like being a "little bit pregnant"?

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561