RE: Blast Resistant Building Design for Blast Containment

Wanted to make sure someone was listening before I drug out the story.

We've got a "test cell" building to design. Four test cells, three small
(0.7 kg TNT equivalent) and one large (1.4 kg TNT equivalent). They are
adjacent to a lab space that is expected to be occupied.

The outward facing walls we will make "blast vented" so that the impulse
from a blast will be limited (at least that's my understanding of how this
works). There will be a wall stood off from this wall to shield property and
living organisms from any debris that might be blown outward.

The common wall with the occupied lab space is my concern, however.

An additional complication, at least the way I see it, is that there is a
"blast lock" in one corner of each cell, such that someone can go through a
door from the lab to the lock, then turn 90 degrees to go through a blast
door into a cell. Each cell is thus an irregular "ell" shape, to accomodate
the lock.

The client wants to use all "tilt-up" construction (which I don't see as
viable for the test cell portion of the building). Is this possible, in your
opinion?

Also, how much help is the "blast vent" wall panel array? How much can it be
expected to mitigate the blast impulse overpressure acting on the other
walls?

How about the wall joints? The only other deal like this that I've ever done
we used non-reentrant corners. This has 'em all over the place.

I wonder if some sort of "composite" R/C wall, maybe with a sandwiched layer
of something like styrofoam (deformational) or lead shot (mass) would help
to cushion the blow?

Finally, how would you approach this analytically? Is there a simplified
analysis that you could use? We have the Army TM 5-1300 manual(s), but I
haven't perused them enough to tell if they give guidance in this regard.

Any thoughts you'd have along these lines would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards.