Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: SE vs. PE Stamp

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I might be mistaken, but I also believe that an S.E. stamp is required on
all structures 240 ft tall and higher.

Gerard Madden, P.E.
Civil Engineer, Associate
CRJ Associates, Inc.
email: gerardm(--nospam--at)
tel: 650.324.0691
fax: 650.324.0927

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	ASQUILALA(--nospam--at) [SMTP:ASQUILALA(--nospam--at)]
> Sent:	Tuesday, December 28, 1999 5:37 PM
> To:	seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject:	SE vs. PE Stamp
> To all California SEs and PEs:
> What are the restrictions of PE stamp in comparison with the SE stamp? Or 
> better yet, what an SE can stamp that a PE (Practicing Structural) can
> not?
> I heard that PE (Structural) can not stamp school and hospital buildings.
> Is 
> this a correct statement?  Outside of school and hospital, can a PE stamp 
> structures or multi-story buildings (wood, concrete, steel, prestress 
> concrete) as long it is his line of expertise?
> Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.