Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: SE vs. PE Stamp

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
An SE stamp is required for school and Hospital work, no matter what the magnitude. Ive heard the 240 ft limitation also, Ive also heard that there is story limitations in seismic zone 4. (Either 4 or 7 stories, I cant recall)

>>> <ASQUILALA(--nospam--at)> 12/28 5:37 PM >>>
To all California SEs and PEs:

What are the restrictions of PE stamp in comparison with the SE stamp? Or 
better yet, what an SE can stamp that a PE (Practicing Structural) can not?

I heard that PE (Structural) can not stamp school and hospital buildings.  Is 
this a correct statement?  Outside of school and hospital, can a PE stamp 
structures or multi-story buildings (wood, concrete, steel, prestress 
concrete) as long it is his line of expertise?

Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.