Re: UBC 97 Diaphargm Nailing

James Allen wrote:

> 4. See Table 23-ll-I-1, footnote 5, what are tumbled nailed?

Tumbling is a method of galvinizing the nails and other wire type products in order to achieve the zinc coating requirement of A153.  I was told a long time ago, but have never verified it, that tumbling (diffferent from dipping)  is the method used to galvinize nails in order to avoid dipping each piece
individually.  I think galvinizing processes have changed a little since I was told this.

Bart Needham