From: Robert Rollo [mailto:rrollo(--nospam--at)TEAM-PSC.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 2:26 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Heliport on existing building

Anyone out there have previous experience with this one ?
To be completely honest, I want any excuses I can find not to do it.

Are there any NFPA provisions or UBC that i can "hang my hat on" short of having to do complete analysis to come up with the answer (gut level is "no" based upon previous evaluations of the building) and prove it to my owner ?

Any other morsels of wisdom would be appreciated as well.

Can you sense that I just don't want to pour through the circa 1970 calcs (not done by me) of a 10 storey hospital to figure if it's ok?

I'm looking for the proverbial "way not to have to solve the problem", or am I grasping at straws ?
robert rollo
Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc.
Lubbock, Texas
rrollo(--nospam--at)team-psc.com