Re: Need Y2K compliance help - late start (not S.E. related)

I don't agree with you.  If I have my windows setting to 2 digits, I have
problems running some software.  If I change the date display under
"regional settings" (located under your control panel) to a four digit year
display, the software runs fine.

Chris Towne, E.I.T.

> Someone may have alerted you to this, but it is bogus.
>
> The displayed computer date has NOTHING to do with the internal
> representation of that date. If you have a choice to display two digits or
> four, then you can rest assured your computer knows the correct date
> internally.
>
> FWIW, there was a scam going around the 'net a couple of months ago,
> advising people that Windows 98 came "Y2K non-compliant from the factory"
> because of this very point. But in actuality, the computer KNOWS that
> 1-1-2000 can be displayed 1-1-00! There is NO BUG in that case!

---