Re: Need Y2K compliance help - late start (not S.E. related)

You know, I think you are correct.  In fact, if you only have Microsoft Works,
Microsoft has patch for people to install to ensure you display dates in four
digits.  Mcfee's kit also seeks to reset your defaults such that you display
dates in four digits.

ed gonzalez

>>> "Chris Towne" <ctowne(--nospam--at)chaptech.com> 12/29/99 01:11PM >>>
I don't agree with you.  If I have my windows setting to 2 digits, I have
problems running some software.  If I change the date display under
"regional settings" (located under your control panel) to a four digit year
display, the software runs fine.

Chris Towne, E.I.T.

> Someone may have alerted you to this, but it is bogus.
>
> The displayed computer date has NOTHING to do with the internal
> representation of that date. If you have a choice to display two digits or
> four, then you can rest assured your computer knows the correct date
> internally.
>
> FWIW, there was a scam going around the 'net a couple of months ago,
> advising people that Windows 98 came "Y2K non-compliant from the factory"
> because of this very point. But in actuality, the computer KNOWS that
> 1-1-2000 can be displayed 1-1-00! There is NO BUG in that case!

---