Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Structural Engineering Software[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <Reply-To:seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Structural Engineering Software
- From: "Bobby Jenkins" <jei(--nospam--at)netbci.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:42:17 -0600
I have been using Staad III for the last 10 years and now I am probably about to change to a different program. We do a good deal of architectural work which inevitably requires 3D analysis/design. We are looking at the host of programs available with confusion and apprehension.
I downloaded a copy of IES VisualAnalysis to review. Anybody using it?
What are the thoughts of real structural engineers on the software available? I am not interested in buying the most expensive program as architects comprise half of my practice - that is to say, l too am under-paid. We are very interested in accuracy, reliability, a short learning curve, and ease of use.
Thanks in advance!
Bobby Jenkins, P.E.
Jenkins Engineering, Inc.
PO Box 2101 / 218 S Thomas St Suite 209
Tupelo, MS 38803
(662)840.1233 V / (662)840.1103 F
- Prev by Subject: Structural Engineer License in California
- Next by Subject: RE: Structural Engineering Software
- Previous by thread: RE: Need Y2K compliance help - late start (n
- Next by thread: RE: Structural Engineering Software