From: Bobby Jenkins [mailto:jei(--nospam--at)netbci.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 1999 2:42 PM
To: Reply-To:seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Structural Engineering Software

I have been using Staad III for the last 10 years and now I am probably
about to change to a different program.  We do a good deal of architectural
work which inevitably requires 3D analysis/design.  We are looking at the
host of programs available with confusion and apprehension.

I downloaded a copy of IES VisualAnalysis to review.  Anybody using it?

What are the thoughts of real structural engineers on the software
available?  I am not interested in buying the most expensive program as
architects comprise half of my practice - that is to say, l too am
under-paid.  We are very interested in accuracy, reliability, a short
learning curve, and ease of use.

Thanks in advance!

Bobby Jenkins, P.E.
Jenkins Engineering, Inc.
PO Box 2101 / 218 S Thomas St  Suite 209
Tupelo, MS  38803
(662)840.1233 V / (662)840.1103 F
E-mail:  jei(--nospam--at)netbci.com <mailto:jei(--nospam--at)netbci.com>