Re: Structural Engineering Software

I used to use Visual Analysis at a previous office and found it to be extremely
user friendly. In my opinion, it is an excellent choice for analysis of smaller
structures. I wouldn't try to use it to do a dynamic analysis of a complicated
20 story building. I believe ETABS or SAP90 are more appropriate for that use.
Currently I am using the RISA3D windows version and have found it to be good
for the same uses as Visual Analysis. (smaller less complicated structures)
RISA3D is slightly more difficult to learn that Visual Analysis. But it is
still relatively easy to use and learn. For larger, more complex structures I
now use ETABS. Both Visual Analysis and RISA3D are easy to learn and very
productive. However, from my experience, they both have limitations in regards
to model complexity and size.