Re: Single-wall house

While I was living on the island of Hawaii in the early 70's, I was able to
witness a few of the single wall residences being constructed. The procedure
was to build the floor platform first (pier and pad foundation), construct
temporary supports and build the roof next, then the wall boards would be
nailed to the floor and roof and the temporary supports removed. A 2x girt
board would be added to the wall exterior at mid-height.
ECVAL3