Re: Single-wall house

Nels,
We saw some single-wall houses on Kauai (after Hurricane Iniki) that were trashed
by the high winds. There was no load path from roof to foundation, so when the
roof blew off, the whole structure was demolished. The walls had -0- lateral
(racking) load resistance.  See APA report on Hurricane Iniki for details.
Somewhere along the line we came across standard construction details for such
houses. I could research it but it's not a type of structure that I would
advocate, knowing what we know about wind and seismic forces.
John Rose/APA, Tacoma, WA