Re: The Millennium Hoax

There is an interesting article that gives enough calendar detail to
thrill an engineer.  Go to
http://es.rice.edu/ES/humsoc/Galileo/Things/gregorian_calendar.html
You'll find that the history of our calendar is rife with politics
and egos.

Umberto Eco's novel "Foucault's Pendulum" (in addition to weaving a
conspiracy theory that spans millennia) discusses what happens when
you have arranged a meeting on one of the days that Pope Gregory XIII
eliminated.