Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: The Millennium Hoax (& Foucault's Pendulum)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: The Millennium Hoax (& Foucault's Pendulum)
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <wlpolhemus(--nospam--at)sbinfra.com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:59:03 -0600
I want to go on record, Michael, as saying that I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED "Foucault's Pendulum"! Would that there were more writing of that kind (and writers to write it) going on today in the place of the mind-hash that we suffer through. That you brought up "Foucault's Pendulum" in context of this conversation is just one more reason to be continually impressed with you as an intellect. BTW, I have used "Foucault's Pendulum" on numerous occasions to "do battle" with those in my conservative camp of friends who are extremely into "conspiracy theories." They smugly believe that they are privy to some new fount of knowledge about the way the world works, but I point out that the same tired old theories are dragged out of the cellar every hundred years or so like clockwork, and that their thinking is hardly original! Regards to all an Happy Penultimate Year Of The Millenium!
- Prev by Subject: Re: The Millennium Hoax
- Next by Subject: RE: Milo Ketchum - RIP
- Previous by thread: RE: Another Holiday Side Topic - Hubble
- Next by thread: Forensic Engineering Technical Group Meeting, 1/11/00