Sun at perihelion

It is 8:00 P.M Alaska Standard Time and I have 4 hours left to worry about Y2K.

While all of you were moon gazing and then worrying about when to start counting years, Y2k, etc. no one noticed the January 2, 2000 is the date of the earth's perihelion (the earth is the closest in its orbit to the sun). With luck the earth will not continue to fall into the sun spinning faster and faster until we all sin off into space. At least we would not have to worry about frying in the sun as we would freeze in space long before we reached the sun.

Could seismic activity be associated with the perihelion?

James Allen