Re: Report on Wood Diaphragm Issues

Ken:

This subject is very hot. It is my understanding the SEAOC is now taking a position to "Exempt" single family dwellings from Rigid diaphragm analysis.

Tim McCormick is one of the few building officials that has impressed me. He is very knowledgeable on this subject. He is also open to new ideas. I am sure he will consider the current SEAOC position on this issue.

Last but not the least, you may want to include rigid diaphragm analysis just to cover yourself from future law suits. What SEAOC says does not matter in the court. What matters is what the building code says.

That is 1 cent worth.

Shafat