From: ken(--nospam--at)ffia.net [mailto:ken(--nospam--at)ffia.net]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2000 12:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Report on Wood Diaphragm Issues

Tim McCormick the Building Official at the City of Santa Monica wants a
Rigidity Analysis (1630.6) and a Story Drift Analysis (1630.10) for a one
story residence no matter what Seaoc or LA City says.  I used the Simplified
Design Base Shear Method. A lot of Mr. McCormick's  information comes from a
SEAOC Seminar, Wood Diaphragms and Shear Wall Defections,.authored by
Douglas Thompson S.E. in which is stated "Past earthquakes have shown that
lateral forces are distributed by relative rigidities."

I would appreciate any help and how to handle this situation?

Ken Wilkinson S.E.