Fwd: Report on Wood Diaphragm Issues

In a message dated 1/4/00 8:41:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, NDZ28 writes:

<< n a message dated 1/3/00 5:08:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
MarkD(--nospam--at)DandDEng.com writes:

 << Woodworks 2000 is also out now and includes the same features as KEYLAT
at a far less rapacious price. You can reach them at 1-800-844-1275.

 I called the company this morning and the software will not be available for
2-3 weeks. Full price is $495, this is cheaper than Keylats price, but after
talking to their rep, I got the feeling that Keylat may be more advanced and
capable of doing more. (This is just my got feeling, and I'm not connected
with Simpson or Keylat) Has anyone tested the full version (prerelease or
beta) of each? What we need is a reliable testing/comparison of the programs
for code compliance and accuracy to aid in making an educated selection. How
many stories can each handle, can they handle orthogonal walls, is there a
way to input cantilevered steel columns, etc. I don't mind paying less but
since my business depends on it, I want the best program available
(especially when the difference is only a few hundred dollars)

 Andrew Vidikan PE. >>

--- Begin Message ---
[...]

--- End Message ---