RE: amusement structures

Aaron,

If it is close, you need to run the analysis once for wind and once for
seismic.  Wind has to govern by a large margin in order to ignore local
seismic effects.  And yes you need to design for the omega level forces.

I would further suggest that the anchor bolts be tensioned to the omega
level forces on the anchor bolts.  I prefer a headed anchor bolt and a
wrapped and greased shaft.  Anchor bolt stretch accounts for much of the
actual lateral drift of cantilevered structures.

Keep in mind that it is very unlikely that a design wind event will occur
with people on an amusement structure due to weather forecasting and the
nature of extreme winds.  However we can not predict when the design seismic
event will occur.

Regards,
Harold Sprague