From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com [mailto:Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 3:17 PM
To: SEAINT(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Anchor Bolt Straightening

I have some 1 1/2 inch diameter anchor bolts with a 10 inch projection that
became skewed during concrete pouring.  They support a very large vertical
pump.
The field would like to straighten the bolts by heating and bending.  My
first
reaction was "no way" but then I remembered that we use to make L and J
bolts by
heating and there was a recent thread on beam straightening by heating.  Any
restrictions, cautions, or suggestions you can think of for heating and
bending
anchor bolts?  What would be the optimum temperature?  I assume the maximum
temperature to be 1300 F per AISC LRFD manual.  The bolts are headed bolts
made
with standard A36 stock.