RE: Anchor Bolt Straightening

Tom,

I would allow it, but check out the concrete afterward to see if there is
any damage.  (Ping the concrete with a hammer.  If it thuds, replace the
damaged concrete.)  Normally the concrete can tolerate some short term high
temperatures without degradation.  Remember also that beams used to be
cambered using heat cambering techniques.  Flame straightening locally bent
flanges is the order of business in a fabrication shop.

It is good to be cautious with heat straightening, but I would allow it on
A36 material.

This is a good opportunity to put gage metal setting templates and double
nut requirements in your specification.  It forces the contractor to tie off
the assembly.

Regards,
Harold