RE: Anchor Bolt Straightening

Tom, I think it depends on the degree of out-of-plumbness that you are
facing.  A couple of considerations:

1. If these anchors are intended to carry significant uplift, just
straightening them above the surface of the concrete results in an
eccentricity in the load path into the concrete.  This may or may not have
an adverse effect on the ultimate tension capacity of the anchor, but it
will probably affect the tension stiffness.

2. The other problem you face is the potential for damage to the surface
concrete critical for the shear performance of the anchor.  Mortar repair
may or may not give you back this capacity, depending on the detail you are
using.

J. Silva, SE
Hilti, Inc.
silva(--nospam--at)hilti.com