Robot 97 ???

I am currently reviewing Robot 97 with hopes of buying some USEFUL software.
Any comments on this one?
I am looking for the most useful software in terms of all around analysis
and design (Canadian Limit States Design). It also has to cost a reasonable
amount of money, which in my view can't exceed CAN$3000 by too much. It
seems to be very well featured with a pretty good learning curve. The AVwin
software made available to the group a year or so is quite good and fast
but the design aspects are not relevant to me. A few attempts to correlate
it to the Canadian codes did not work too well. Plus this is a wasted step.
I expect someone out there is using it or has given it a very good test
drive. I have not seen a graphical user interface this good on anything
else especially with respect to the loading input.
Thanks in advance for responding.

David Handy, P.Eng.
dhandy(--nospam--at)trg.ca
The Thompson Rosemount Group, Cornwall, Ont. Canada
Opinions expressed are personal only.