Steel test reports below specified strength

Recently I have been contacted by a steel fabricator about some mill test
reports being under the specified strength. I have specified 50 ksi steel
for the wide flange columns. The highest value in the test results is 40
ksi. The fabricator has requested we use this steel to expedite the
project. Initially I told him I would check the design of the approximately
30 columns affected by this. After thinking about it, I don't think I
should have to do anything other than reject the steel. I tried using 36
ksi in my original design, but with the given parameters for the project 50
ksi was necessary. I always try to work with the fabricators, this seems a
bit much. Any comment or suggestions would be appreciated.